Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Heartache at Christmas

>> Friday, December 15, 2017

Welcome!

10 days and counting to the big day!

If you know someone who suffered a loss this year, DRS has come out with the perfect sentiment to let them know you're thinking of them this holiday season.




I started my card by stamping our Giant Poinsettia on grey card stock using a medium grey ink.  I used watercolor pencils and a Tombo blender pen to color them.  For the sentiment layer, I used our Poinsettia Vine Corner that I had previously cut apart, (leaving me with the poinsettia and the longer holly vine).  I stamped the poinsettia in the center with the vine going to the right and then masked just the left half of the poinsettia and turned the stamp upside down to stamp the left side of the vine.  Once that was done I stamped our Heartache at Christmas above it using black ink, colored the vine with the same pencils/blender that I used for the background, layered it on green, sponged the edges with grey ink and attached it to my card.

Thanks for stopping by!
Sue

3 comments:

Karin said...

Such a lovely card Sue! I really like how the big poinsettias in the background compliment the ones on the sentiment :)

Robin Clendenning said...

I love all your poinsettias Sue! Wonderful use of the large one as a background!

nwilliams6 said...

Hard to believe it is almost hear already! Wonderful card - super lovely way to use these awesome images!!!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP