Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Happy Haunting!

>> Saturday, August 19, 2017

Good morning!

These new stamps for Halloween are so spooky and fun!
I decided to make my Bubbling Beaker 263F a mixture of colors 
because this mad scientist is brewing up some scary fun!
Don't be tempted to drink any of his concoction though or you might find yourself married to a mouse in the morning!


I used some fun Halloweeny colors for layers and did the faux metal ceiling tile technique on those 3 web squares. Here's how: cover a piece of heavy weight card stock with aluminum foil using a cheapo glue stick or paint on adhesive (so there is no spots without glue) fold the edges over if making them individually (which turns out a bit better) and then run your foil covered stock through a die cutting machine with the embossing setting/plates.  Cover them completely with black acrylic paint and let dry (don't worry, it will still rub off of your aluminum on the high spots).  Rub it with a soft clothe (something you don't care about because it doesn't wash out).  You will create this aged tin.  I usually add some metallic rub on paste or other colors of paint at this time sparingly to give it something extra, in this case I used some Inka Gold in copper and a tiny bit of Patina paint in some places.  You can make more traditional or elegant looking tiles too, depends on your embossing folder.
My web folder is Taylored Expressions and my cute stamps are DRS: Drop In For A Spell 327D and Bubbling Beaker 253F.  They are available today at the DRS Designs store on line.

This next card  is using some fun NEW colors for Halloween!  It is actually  a color challenge at SCS!!  It is fun though, eh? Raspberry and yellow? I did a combo of sponging with Distress Ink Picked Raspberries and Copic pens in yellow (like Y11 and Y15) and then an olivey YG93 for the ground.  I used my Misti to make sure the stamped black was really black.
Those kids are really brave to walk up that dark lonely hill to that old house, aren't they? There is no way I would do that!
These stamps are also new at DRS Designs. The Happy Haunting Hat 310F and the Trick or Treaters Last Stop 277L (I hope not literally, heehee!).


I used stitched dies from ODBD and MFTs too add a bit of "cuteness" and I popped up the sentiment oval with foam tape.  My embellishments are 3 enamel dots and a bit of colorful twine.

Thanks for visiting today!
Robin

4 comments:

Sue said...

2 wonderful cards Robin! Well worth the wait ;)
Incredible job coloring the beaker in all those colors - I love it!! Also love the tin tiles (and your excellent description on how to do it!!)
Very impressed with your Trick or Treating card too - years ago I tried to make a pink and yellow card and it was a complete disaster! Yours is fabulous and now I'm itching to try again!

Shelia said...

Fabulous Halloween cards, Robin! I really like all the colors in your potion beaker & that faux metal is perfect!

nwilliams6 said...

Love these cards, Robin. Your texture on the first is really cool, and that sky on the other is so awesome. Fantastic and fun Halloween cards!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are wonderful, Robin! Love the embossed foil panel & great Halloween colors. Your second card is a really bright, colorful Halloween card. Love that sky.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP