Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Flying Pigs and Flowering Frogs

>> Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Warning - lots of fussy cutting in today's cards!

On my first card, I water-colored my background and then stamped three Birthday Party Pigs and cut out the pigs, balloons, and hats. I had to draw some of the balloon lines to connect the pigs.  I then heat embossed the new Picture Perfect Day Greeting.  Super fun card to make - I smiled the whole time I made it. 


On my next card, I mixed some gel medium and water colors and made a little pond.  Then I fussy cut and colored the Frog on a Log image.  I cut off the log and ran it through a woodgrain embossing folder. I then colored up and fussy cut some grass from the same image, plus the new Flowering Branch, Brush Pussy Willows, and Dogwood Branch (I doodled on the flowers to hide they were dogwoods). I put part of the Picture Perfect Day Greeting on the log and the remainder on the inside.


The cling stamp giveaway is still going on at DRS Designs - some lucky winner is going to receive $500 in free stamps - I can't wait to see who that will be!!!

8 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

OMGosh, your pigs are hilarious!! They know how to party hardy don't they! What a fun birthday card!
I adore your frog card too! So cute!

Shelia said...

Your piggies are too cute with their balloons & party hats! The frog card is adorable too. Super cute cards, Nancy!

Jme said...

Both cards made me smile. Winners! So cute!

Janett said...

Nancy, I love those pigs super cute. Your flower arrangement is beautiful.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is REALLY fabulous, Nancy! Love that frog & the flowers you put w/ him are wonderful. Adore this card!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

AND your piggies are hilarious! Love them!

Sue said...

2 incredibly fun cards Nancy! Your pigs are just as happy as can be - just can't help but smile with them! Great job on the flowers with the frog, love the new look of the dogwoods!

Karin said...

These are just super fun cards! I love the floating pigs...super celebratory...lol! And the details and layers on the froggy card make this totally exceptional!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP