Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sympathy

>> Monday, April 24, 2017

DRS Designs recently released some beautiful sympathy greetings, so you will be seeing quite a few sympathy cards here on the blog. I know sympathy cards are not anyone's favorite to create, but they are needed and appreciated by those who have lost special people. I like to have some on hand and these new greetings have inspired me to do just that. 


I started with some water color paper and added some Tim Holtz distress inks using the smacking acetate technique. While that dried, I die cut the half circle and rectangle pieces using a SB Elegant Arch die. I used the outline part of those dies to die cut the water color paper to go behind. The Thoughts of you greeting was stamped onto the peachy pink panel with VersaMark ink, heat embossed with detail white EP and then dry embossed with a Darice butterfly EF. The bottom layer of the butterfly was die cut with a SB die using the same water color paper. The top layer was die cut from vellum and glued onto the bottom butterfly just down the center of the butterfly's body. I added some milky white half pearls to the butterfly and the stained glass looking die cuts.

I used this week's sketch challenge at Split Coast Stampers to create this card. It's a great sketch, isn't it. I really enjoy sketch challenges and I'm pleased with how this turned out.

Thanks for stopping by today.

blessings,
shelia

6 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful card Shelia! The watercolor paper is perfect in back of the dies and the coral paper sets it all off perfectly!

Robin Clendenning said...

This is so beautiful!! I LOVE the colors you used under our die cut and on your pretty butterfly! Love the embossing too, so eye catching!

Karin said...

The colors on this are just gorgeous! Love the white embossed sentiment too :)

Janett said...

Love the colors you used under the die cut. This card is so beautiful.

nwilliams6 said...

Wow - the colors are so pretty and I am in love with that die! Lovely card!!! Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful, Shelia! The colors are so pretty & I love the die & embossed bg. Really lovely card!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP