Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Comfort and Sympathy

>> Thursday, April 20, 2017

Welcome!

Sadly, I was in need of a sympathy card this week and had to sit down and make one.  I usually make nature scenes for my sympathy cards, but the Calla Lily Frame stamp was still sitting on my desk as well as my plaid stamp, so it all just kinda fell into place.


I started my card by stamping our Woven Plaid stamp using Memories soft rose and soft leaf inks. The plaid stamp I used is cut into 3 sections, so it was easy to stamp just the larges section on a diagonal using the rose ink and leave about 1/2" between each stamping.  Once I had that section of plaid stamped in both directions I switched to the smallest section and the leaf ink and added to the 1/2" sections I had originally left.  Here's a link to our step by step tutorial for the Cut Apart Plaid that's very similar to what I've done here.

Once that was done I stamped a separate piece of card stock with our soon to be released Comfort Sympathy Greeting (being released on Saturday) using black ink and then over stamped it with just the Lilies from the Calla Lily Sympathy Frame using the soft leaf ink.  Once I layered it all together it was missing something, so after trying a couple of different things, I ended up stamping the calla lilies again on another scrap of card stock, colored and fussy cut it and added it to my card.

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Sue

6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Sue, this is so soft and comforting! I love the bg plaid, and the lily with the sentiment is so sweet! Sorry you needed a Sympathy card. Many hugz

PS, I love the new stuff coming out - I can't wait for everyone to see it all!

Karin said...

The neutral color is soft and soothing and perfect for a sympathy card. Love the addition of the calla lily too :)

Robin Clendenning said...

I love the stamp under the words as well as colored and cut out! This is really pretty and I'm sure your friend will treasure it!

Shelia said...

I really like the plaid background on this and your color combo is so soothing. Lovely sympathy card, Sue.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How soft & pretty, Sue! The lilies are one of my fave images & love the light stamping under the sentiment as well as the fussy cut version.

Janett said...

Beautiful Sue, so very creative.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP