Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Cheerful Smiles

>> Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Hi Everyone,

My cousin recently had some surgery, so to cheer him up I made this fall themed get well card.  It's hard to believe that summer officially comes to an end this week!  

 I began by grabbing my leaf stamps, both the solid and outline ones, along with inks to match the papers I chose.  I simply stamped the Medium Silhouette Leaf all over the background in the orange, yellow and brown ink.  I then took a strip of yellow card stock and stamped the Open Leaf in Versamark, heat embossing it with clear powder, and covering the seam of the two papers with a piece of matching ribbon from my stash. 


The  Cheerful Smiles Get Well Greeting was also stamped and heat embossed before die cutting and embellishing it with some matching ink around the edges.  The greeting was then attached with dimensional foam tape.

Since I wanted to keep it flat for easy mailing, I didn't add any extras embellishments, so I simply stamped a few more leaves inside to keep the fall theme going.


Thanks for stopping by!
Karin

6 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful fall card Karin! Love your colorful leaves!!

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh cute, I love the leaf ribbon!!! Love all the falling leaves too! It looks like I may need to get that solid leaf! So pretty!

Shelia said...

Great masculine card, Karin. Your cousin will love this! Beautiful fall colors & design!

Janett said...

Such a lovely card Karin. I love the two different leaf background and the ribbon is perfect.

nwilliams6 said...

Perfect get well card for this time of year, Karin. Love the Fall-based design. A beautiful card. Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So pretty & fall like, Karin! Love all the leaves & fall colors. I wish this never ending summer would end & we could have some cool temps & fall color.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP