Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monster Hugs

>> Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Hi Everyone,

I have another creepy zombie card to share here today.  I wanted to use the fun Monster Hugs Greeting, and chose to pair it up with the new Zombie Hand Wave.  Doesn't it look like he's coming up to hug (or maybe grab and eat) you?!  

Since there is only the one hand, and it's the right hand once you stamp it, I used a reverse image stamp to give me the left.  If you don't have a reverse image stamp (and I don't) I simply stamped my image onto a clear block and turned that over and stamped it next to the other hand.  It does stamp lighter, so I just stamped it twice, (and it's easy to line up, because you can see through the clear block) and that seemed to do the trick.  Once I colored and die cut it, you couldn't even tell which is which. 


My background was created using the Spooky Tree Limb and I added the punched border of drippy goo to look like oozing blood.  Wow, I'm a little grossed out typing the end of that sentence...lol! 

Thanks for visiting us today!
Karin

5 comments:

Shelia said...

Great job on the mirror image! Mine never look this good. I really like the two hands on this spooky card!

Robin Clendenning said...

Spooky! Gives me the creeps thinking of THOSE two hands giving me a hug! Yikes!!! Fun Halloween card!

Janett said...

Super creepy. The punched drips across the top really adds a lot to the card. Love it.

nwilliams6 said...

Great idea to do the reverse stamping, Karin. This looks super fun and spooky. Great tree bg and love the drip border. All great ideas! Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Too fun, Karin! Great job w/ the reflection tech on this. The tree branches & drippy goo really add to the fun of your terrific Halloween card.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP