Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Bring on the Bling!

>> Friday, August 23, 2013

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week is going well. Are you starting to get some ideas for your Christmas cards this year? My card today is actually pretty simple...some silver embossing, a die cut or two and a bunch of crystals for the bling.

Don't you just love this new Christmas greeting? I silver embossed it but it doesn't show up nearly as nice as it is in real life.  I also broke it up to better fit the layout. The new fancy calligraphy ornament was also silver embossed 4 times and die cut w/ an ornament tag die that fit it pretty well. Then I folded the ornaments in half and glued the back together to make a fan fold or accordion type ornament. The big circle and progressively smaller rings of circles are from a die. After silver embossing the edges and the little swirl image, I added a bunch of crystals for that extra bling. The finished card is 4.25 x 5.50.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!




Supplies:
stamps: Calligraphy Ornament, Bling in the Holidays greeting, Design Dots
paper: white, royal blue
ink: Encore ultimate metallic silver
accessories: silver embossing powder, crystals, Spellbinders ornament tag die, Memory Box Lg Circle Burst die, silver ribbon


7 comments:

Shelia said...

Very festive! I really like the blue & silver.

Kecia said...

Wow! The blue is just gorgeous. I wish I could hold this card and take a look at it. I'm sure it is even more spectacular in person.

Janett said...

Love it,the blue and silver is cool

Karin said...

Awesome, creative card and I love the sentiment paired up with that ornament!

Jennifer E. said...

How pretty! Love the 3D effect of the ornament and the extra bling you added around the card front!

Sue said...

How cool is this card??? I LOVE the ornament!! And your blue/silver color combo is wonderful too!

Samantha said...

This card will get your attention - it certainly did mine! Love the blue you chose and your blingy accents!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP